Forklift Safety Day 2022 List of Events
With the past two year’s events being held virtually, it’s exciting to be able to hold Forklift Safety Day 2022 in person, in Washington DC. And while most of us will be unable to attend, below is a list of activities planned to recognize and bring attention to the potential dangers of forklift operation.
Monday, June 13, 2022 (Willard InterContinental Hotel)
- 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM – Educational Session (open to all ITA Members & Invited Guests) Buchanan Room
- OSHA Updates
- Current Congressional Activity Updates
6:00 PM – 7:00 PM – NFSD Reception (Open to all ITA Members & Guests) The Nest Room
Tuesday, June 14, 2022
- 7:30 AM – 8:30 AM – Breakfast (Peacock Lounge at Willard InterContinental Hotel)
- 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM – NFSD Event/Presentations (National Press Club, Main Ballroom)
- 11:30 AM – 4:00 PM – Congressional Meetings (Capitol Hil)
CLICK HERE for more information on the event and register at the Industrial Truck Association’s website.
This year’s NFSD Chair is Jonathan Dawley, President & CEO of KION North America.
DC Velocity is the media partner for National Forklift Safety Day 2022.
What You Can Do to Recognize Forklift Safety Day
Forklift Safety Day is a great opportunity to review your forklift safety program and/or plan. And if you don’t have a program or plan, this would be a great opportunity to create one!
Start with Training
- Are all of your forklift operators up-to-date on their training. Remember, forklift operators must receive refresher training every three years, and be evaluated on the equipment that they operate.
- How well do you know your operators? Download our Forklift Operator Questionnaire to get to know their experience operating lift equipment.
- Learn more about Operator Training and our classes at our Training Page.
Inspections and Maintenance
- We know that pre-shift inspections of all equipment are required by OSHA. But did you know that by taking a few minutes to inspect equipment not only improves safety, it helps you identify small issues before they blossom into giant repair or injury and damage headaches.
- Planned Maintenance – This is a great opportunity to review your current PM program. Is it being executed properly according to intervals you require? Is the Planned Maintenance complete and thorough? A thorough and robust Planned Maintenance program is key to maintaining safety and productivity of your forklifts.
- Learn more about our Planned Maintenance Program.
- Learn the Five Main Benefits of Planned Maintenance.
- CLICK HERE to get a quote on a Planned Maintenance Program tailored to your fleet’s requirements.
Forklift Safety is No Accident
We’re here to help you maintain safety in your forklift operations by ensuring all your employees that might operate a forklift, know the limitations and dangers of forklifts AND to ensure they are all operating a peak efficiency and safety. To speak to one of our professional about any aspects of your forklift fleet’s safety or performance, just give us a call at 866-393-9833.